Matko wireless products allow users to send signals, such as RS 232, wirelessly through the air to another device. In this blog post, we will demonstrate how to set up a Matko Wireless remote display.
Why Use Wireless?
Wireless technology has several advantages over wired connections, such as avoiding the need for long cables or costly installations. However, it’s essential to note that wireless products may not always be the best option, depending on the situation. For example, wireless technology works best when there is a line of sight between the wireless module and the device receiving the signal.
Pros and Cons of Wireless Technology
- No need for long cables or costly installations
- Offers flexibility and mobility
- Reduces the risk of damage to cables
- Enables communication over long distances
- Wireless technology can be unreliable if there is no line of sight between the devices
- Wireless communication can be affected by large objects blocking the line of sight
- Wireless signals can be vulnerable to interference from other devices or networks
Setting Up the Display
Step 1: Attach the XTP to Your Indicator
In our demonstration, we generate some RS 232 signals on a laptop and send them through a wire into an XTP transceiver. The transceiver converts the signal to a wireless signal and sends it to the Matko wireless remote display.
- Connect the XTP transceiver to the indicator or device generating the signal.
- Make sure the power is plugged in, and the data line is connected to the RS 232 port.
- Pay attention to the dip switches on the XTP transceiver if you have more than one wireless setup on-site. You can use these switches to select one of the 16 possible channels available.
Step 2: Set Up the Remote Display
Once the XTP transceiver is sending the signal, it’s time to set up the remote display.
- Remove the right-side panel from the display to access the motherboard.
- Set the dip switches on the display to match those on the XTP transceiver.
- Press the configure button to apply the changes and teach the display to receive the signal.
Matko wireless remote displays offer users flexibility and mobility while reducing the need for long cables or costly installations. However, it’s essential to consider the pros and cons of wireless technology before deciding if it’s the best option for your situation. With the proper setup and configuration, you can take advantage of wireless technology and enjoy the benefits it offers.