How to Perform a Factory Reset on a Matko Remote Display
If you’re having trouble with your Matko remote display, performing a factory reset is one of the first things you should try. This will reset all options to their default values and put the display in a state where it’s ready to learn a new data stream. It’s also useful if you’re moving the display to a new site, attaching it to a different indicator, or if you’re not sure what options you’ve changed and want to start fresh.
This guide is specifically for the Matko SBL Four, a 4-inch remote display. However, the same steps will work on all Matko displays, including 1″, 2″, 4″, 6″, and 9″ displays. As long as you can locate the four buttons on your display (Left, Right, Learn, and Reset), you should be able to perform the reset.
Before performing the factory reset, it’s important to check if data is coming through to the display. You can look at the green blinking lights to see if there’s data coming in. If you don’t see a green blinking light on your communication board, your problem is most likely further upstream, such as a damaged wire or the indicator not sending data to your display. While it’s not required to have a green blinking light to perform the reset, it’s recommended because it indicates that your problem is likely elsewhere.
Performing the Reset
To perform the factory reset on your Matko remote display, follow these steps:
- Pull off the side panel.
- Press and let go of the Reset button.
- The display will start counting down. While it’s counting down, hold in Left and Right at the same time.
- Keep holding Left and Right until the countdown starts a second time.
- After the second countdown starts, you can let go of all buttons.
- The display will not show the word “Learn” unless you actually have data coming into your display.
- Performing a factory reset is a great starting point for troubleshooting display issues.
- If you’re installing a new indicator into the current location or moving the display to a different site, performing a factory reset is recommended.
We hope this guide helps you reset your Matko remote display and get it working properly again. If you have any other questions or issues, check out some of our other videos or reach out to Matko’s customer support team.